Thursday, April 28, 2016

My Style

The survey contained a lot of interesting questions about personal style. It made me realize how much my sense of style has changed through the years. As a child, I was very girly but I mostly wore jeans and t-shirts. My favorite color was pink and I loved glitter This was fairly consistent until age 15, when I began to be interested in fashion. Vintage fashion in particular began to interest me. I started wearing dresses more and shoes other than sneakers.



Around age 17 was when I started going more in my current style direction. I stopped wearing most colors other than black, and I started wearing the same pair of boots every day. I started wearing flannels and turned to a more "alternative" style of dress. These changes probably had something to do with my decreased happiness in that time period. I didn't feel bright or happy, and this showed in my clothing. At the same time, I became more confident around that time. I began to like the way I dressed more and was content with my appearance.


At this point, my style is similar to that. I try to be somewhat put together every day and I really enjoy planning outfits for different events and occasions. I still wear mostly dark colors, but with some splashes of red, green, purple, or blue. I wear lighter colors more frequently now. I'm not sure where any future changes in my state of mind will take my style. My emotions are projected in what i wear. If I'm not dressed particularly well, I probably don't feel  particularly well.


1 comment: